Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Faith

People always tell Lee and me that we're strong. They can't understand how we're able to get through it.  I honestly think we're all stronger than we realize.  God gives you strength you don't even know you're capable of having.  If you would have told me I was going to be going through this, I wouldn't even be able to imagine dealing with it.  It's definitely hard and overwhelming at times, but my faith gets me through it.  God has blessed me with Mia because He knows that I will be strong enough.  He knows I will be able to handle whatever comes our way.  When we were waiting for the genetics results after Mia's birth, I remember praying and asking God for a miracle.  I remember asking Him to please let my Mia be a healthy, normal baby.  Looking back, I did get my miracle.  It might not have been the one I asked for, but it was definitely a miracle.  Mia is a miracle. This little baby is way tougher than me.  If she can get can keep fighting whatever issue comes her way, then I can do the same.  God has big plans for Mia.  It's so easy to already see that.  She is a source of inspiration for so many.  I know God will get us through it and soon we will be able to take her home. Please continue praying for our little Mia.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angie,
    Mia is beautiful. You asked about Avery and her trach. She came home 6weeks after birth with oxygen for periodic breathing. She wasn't growing or thriving. At 4 months old her breathing became labored and noisy. It sounded similar to stridor. After 2 months of being in and out of the ER. She was finally admitted. A sleep study showed severe central sleep apnea. We had the option of brain surgery first to see if it would help. The neurosurgeon didn'T feel like it would help.This is how she ended up with a trach. Since then she has come leaps and bounds of what they expected. She is thriving.It was a hard decision but the best we ever made. Please feel free to message me anytime if you
    have Anymore questions.

    ReplyDelete